Because March brought so much traveling for the Stylisted team, we really needed to make sure every product in our makeup bag was something we loved and could rely on daily. So, while we mostly stuck to our usual suspects, we tried our best to incorporate a few different products every time we returned to repack. Here are our favorites from the past month.
– Revlon PhotoReady SkinLights: We’ve heard a lot of buzz about this product and finally understand. It’s the perfect golden liquid highlighter at a great drugstore price (under $10). Wanna look like you just returned from a beach vacation? Give this a go.
– Lancome blush: This was one of those gift-with-purchases blushes, so we’re not entirely sure of it’s origin, but we do really like it. It’s a very wearable pink that warms up your face without ever looking unnatural.
– L’Oreal Smokissime Liner in Black Smoke: At first, we almost returned this item after picking it up at CVS a few weeks ago. It was smudgy, yes, but also creased and didn’t seem to have much staying power. However, after playing with it some more, we realized that – duh – this was meant for a smokey eye and not your traditional lining. After we used it as a smudgy liner/shadow, all was well.
– Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector: There was SO much buzz about this when they launched last year, calling it “the perfect lip gloss.” Well, we have to agree. It’s not sticky, it’s hydrating. It’s pigmented. It has some staying power. It smells (and tastes [not eating it, don’t worry]) incredible. Buy one or all of them.
– Covergirl LipPerfection Lip Liner in Passion: Before remembering we had this, we were struggling with keeping our red lips in place all day. It was a newer struggle, and we were at a loss of how to fix it. Enter: lip liner. Apply before you swipe on lipstick and keep a bold lip together all day.
– Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Alahambra-: This shadow duo has become our go-to for awake, reflective eyes. Thanks to no sleep & Netflix, we can be seen drowning in dark circles (though, can’t we all?). This stuff helps. Work the two shades onto the lid separately or blend together for the prettiest golden-pink shimmer.