Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/wp-content/themes/francoise/option-tree/ot-loader.php on line 98 Notice: Only variables should be passed by reference in /www/wp-content/themes/francoise/option-tree/ot-loader.php on line 326
In the YouTube beauty community (if you’re not already following some gurus, get on that), the end of the month brings loads and loads of “favorites” videos. Vloggers offer up their favorite products from the past month, and you make a mile-long list of things to purchase on your next Sephora run.
Naturally, we want in on the action, too. Here are our top picks for January 2015:
2. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil – Because we spend more than we should at Sephora, we often get 500 point perks in the VIB program and use those points to get deluxe sample sizes, like this bronzer. It’s the best matte bronzer we’ve ever tried and even better for light contouring on fairer skin tones. The real selling point? It smells like CHOCOLATE.
3. L’Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil – Another 500 point perk (can you tell we go to Sephora too much?). Slather this on after a bath or shower and feel instantly softer and smoother. This is an almond oil, so we find it smells kind of like cookies. Win.
4. The Balm Down Boy Blush – The cheeky names and the fun packaging are only some of the reasons we’re Balm fanatics. We’ve never been big pink blush wearers until this one, though. The cool pink tone is surprisingly more wearable and flattering than originally expected and instantly warms up your face. It’s also matte, super pigmented, and lasts all day.
5. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper – Easiest. Winged. Eye. Ever. That’s all that needs to be said.
6. Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara – This mascara claims to be “smart,” so either marketing is out of trendy new buzzwords, or this stuff is the real deal. While we don’t know if “smart” is the right word, we’ve rocked this every day and have been amazed at the curl, hold, and length of our lashes.
7. Nars Lipstick in Heat Wave – It’s a cult classic for a reason. The orange-red can be a bit intimidating at first, but we think it truly suits everyone. It’s also doubles a confidence in a tube – one swipe and you’re ready to conquer the world.
What are your January makeup favorites?